- Back to Home »
- BACKUP YOUR FILES AND FOLDERS USING CLOUD STORAGE
Posted by : Mayur Kasare Tuesday, 20 August 2013
Do you know about Cloud services??
It is the best technology discovered now a days and is very useful
It is the best storage place to store our necessary files or folders and the best thing about cloud storage is that it can be access from any where and from any smart device such as laptops , smart phones etc.
and these services have different features and privacy so our files are safe within them no one can hack them
This services has ability to sync automatically to the PC
There are many services which provide cloud storage such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Skydrive etc
Put your stuff in Dropbox and get to it from your computers, phones, or tablets. Edit docs, automatically add photos, and show off videos from anywhere.
Share photos with friends. Work with your team like you're using a single computer. Everything's automatically private, so you control who sees what.
Even if your phone goes for a swim, your stuff is always safe in Dropbox and can be restored in a snap. Dropbox secures your files with 256-bit AES encryption and two-step verification.
With Dropbox for Business, get the power and security of Dropbox plus robust admin controls, dedicated support, and all the space you need.
Download from here
- Supported Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Blackberry, Web.
- Free Storage: 2 GB (up to 16 GB with referrals).
- Price for Additional Storage: 50 GB for $10/month, 100 GB for $20/month.
- File Size Limit: Unlimited.
- Standout Features: the Public folder is an easy way to share files. Other services allow you to share files, but it isn’t quite as easy. You can sync files from other computers running Dropbox over the local network, speeding up transfers and taking a load off your Internet connection.
Google drive is a cloud storage provided by Google for free
the space available is about 5gb
Its also offers desktop sync clients, and provides a new web interface and APIs for web app developers.
- Supported Platforms: Windows, Mac, Android, Web, iOS , Linux (coming soon).
- Free Storage: 5 GB.
- Price for Additional Storage: 25 GB for $2.49/month, 100 GB for $4.99/month.
- File Size Limit: 10 GB.
- Standout Features: Deep search with automatic OCR and image recognition, web interface that can launch files directly in third-party web apps. You can actually purchase up to 16 TB of storage space with Google Drive for $800/month
Microsoft released SkyDrive a cloud storage which has became famous in the world due to its metro look and its features
It overtook Dropbox and Google Drive
Its speed of working is also good
Microsoft offers the most free storage space at 7 GB and offers good prices for more storage
- Supported Platforms: Windows, Mac, Windows Phone, iOS, Web.
- Free Storage: 7 GB.
- Price for Additional Storage: 20 GB for $10/year, 50 GB for $25/year, 100 GB for $50/year
- File Size Limit: 2 GB
- Standout Features: Ability to fetch unsynced files from outside the synced folders on connected PCs, if they’ve been left on.
There are other service provide on the internet for the cloud storage beside Dropbox, Google Drive and SkyDrive
A famous site in the whole world amazon to which everyone will be familiar also provide a cloud service
There’s one big problem, though – there’s no official desktop sync client. Expect Amazon to launch their own desktop sync program if they’re serious about competing in this space.
If you really want to use Amazon Cloud Drive, you can use a third-party application to access it from your desktop.
A popular cloud service alternative to dropbox provide 5 gb of storage
lets you choose the folders you want to synchronize
SugarSync also has clients for mobile platforms that don’t get a lot of love, including Symbian, Windows Mobile, and Blackberry
Box is popular, but its 25 MB file size limit is extremely low.
It also offers no desktop sync client (except for businesses).
While Box may be a good fit for the enterprise, it can’t stand toe-to-toe with the other services here for consumer cloud storage and syncing.
IF I MISSED OUT SOME FEATURE OR IF YOU HAVE SOME OTHER SERVICES WHICH PROVIDE FREE CLOUD STORAGE PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENT BELOW